Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ice Sculptures

 Last night Steve and I went up to Midway to look at some Ice Sculptures Mom and Jenny had told us about! Mom and Jenny were up there about a week ago to finish up Jenny's training for scuba diving, because she is going to Tahiti in 2 weeks, and they saw them on the way home! Here are some cool pictures!




 Steve brought his camera and got some way cool pictures!


 Their was a big long line right after us (We barely missed the rush!) It was cold but it was worth it!
UPDATES:
DAD: Dad has been sick the past week or so :( cough, stuffy nose, headache, losing his voice, you name it. But he is feeling a little better every day! We have been making him green drinks every day, and he has been guzzling the orange juice. He has been getting up and going to work despite him feeling sick. Feel better Daddy!

MOM: Mom is busy getting ready to remodel her room, she is going to sand the floors, paint the walls, everything! And she is so excited! She is involved in helping all the people she knows, baking bread, making cookies, pies, soup, and just visiting! She has been using all her time and energy in helping others. Every Sunday you can count on a Buttermilk Pancake breakfast, complete with bacon and eggs.  

JENNY: Jenny has been busy at school and work. The past month or two she has been working out every day, eating healthy, and getting certified for scuba diving, all to get ready for Tahiti! She is going with Thomas and his family on the 18th and she cannot wait! 

JESSY: I am still just working and going to school, and trying to keep myself busy! I use whatever spare time I have to read, work out, play with Lola, and stir up some new concoctions for green drinks! (spinach, kale, chard, apples, banana, orange, beet juice (wouldn't recommend it! Haha wasn't sweet at all!) etc. etc. etc.

JAKE: Jake has kept himself busy with school and football. They are practicing every morning at 6AM! Early for a teenage boy I know, but he gets up and goes, even when it's not required. He is also excited for rugby, which is starting in just a few weeks! He went to the Valentines Dance in February, (Didn't get a picture :( ) and had a blast. 

The next dance for Jake is MORP (PROM backwards!) and it is the exact opposite of PROM. A cheap dinner, funny outfits, and a cheap activity. This dance is a GIRLS choice. The other night he says to me, "I don't even want to go to the dance, it's not even going to be fun." I asked him why not and he said, "All the girls in our grade are going to ask Senior boys, and so that leaves no one for the Senior girls to ask, and I am sure they don't want to ask Sophomore boys again because they already did that for Monster Mash, and so they might just go Stagg (without a date) and so then............and for that reason............and because of her...............not to mention...............(You get the picture, Highschool drama) He ends his story with, "The only girl I would want to go with is my friend Amelia." And I said, "Well you will have fun no matter who you go with!" Trying to cheer him up. I left and went to work, and came home late, and when I walked in, on the counter was a paper that said, "JAKE I WOULD BE "LUCKY" IF YOU WENT TO THE DANCE WITH ME," and next to it was a box of Lucky Charms. He already looked through the box before I got home, because right next to it was a small piece of paper that said, "Amelia". Isn't that funny? The only girl he wanted to get asked by had asked him! Mom asked him if he was excited, and he said "Yeah, sure" and Mom could tell he was trying his hardest not to grin from ear to ear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment